GUIDE ON HOW TO REMOVE GRASS STAINS FROM CARPET, NEWPORT BEACH CA
How to Get Grass Stains Out of Carpet – Method # 1
- Upon discovering the stain, mix a quarter teaspoon of mild laundry detergent with a cup of cold water. Cold water is the best way to go for this particular stain type.
- Dip a clean towel into the detergent and water mixture.
- Begin by blotting from the outside of the grass stain, working your way in toward the center. Avoid rubbing the stain.
- Continuously check the towel to see how much of the grass stain is transferring from the carpet to the towel. It should begin to disappear.
- Blot the stain using this method until the grass stain is no longer visible.
How to Remove Grass Stains from Carpet – Method # 2
Another at-home method you can try when you’re wondering how to get grass stains out of carpet involves using rubbing alcohol. Check out the step-by-step process below.
- Vacuum as much of the grass stain as possible (or any remaining soil that may have snuck into the house).
- Apply a bit of laundry detergent directly onto the stain. Put pressure on the stain to remove as much of the green coloring as possible.
- Rinse the stain with tap water and continue blotting.
- Apply an ammonia based solution directly onto the stain, and blot again.
- Next, pour a generous amount of white vinegar directly onto the affected area. Follow up by blotting the stain.
- Rinse with tap water and use a towel to blot the area dry.
Remove Grass from Carpet – Method # 3
The problem of how to get grass stains out of carpet can also be solved using Oxiclean products (use according to manufacturer’s instructions). Follow these simple steps to give this do-it-yourself method a shot.
- Mix Oxiclean Versatile Stain Remover Powder in cool water.
- Pour the mixture onto the grass stain.
- Let the solution sit and soak into the stain for approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse the affected area with cold water.
- Blot the carpet with a clean cloth or paper towels to remove remaining water.